Your Rival first comes onto the scene after meeting their ex, the Friendly Actor/Actress, during Night Life. Your rival in this game accuses you of attempting to steal their partner and continues to compete against you for movie parts, fans and awards throughout the rest of the game. They have a history of doing whatever it takes, including lying and bribing, to get roles.
Their names and appearances are randomly generated. Male characters have a male rival and female characters have a female rival.
In the quest "Girl with the Phoenix Tattoo" your rival offers a truce and says that they want to be friends and work together on the movie. At the conclusion of the quest, they show their true colors and laughs at you for falling for their lies.
In "Casino Skyrise", they offer bad information saying that they want to win you legitimately.
- Get Representation
- Airing Dirty Laundry
- Round Rivalry
- Crash the Party
- Girl with the Phoenix Tattoo
- Casino Skyrise
- Serious Silence
- A Surprise Meeting
Dialogue is logged alphabetically by goal title.
|A Surprise Meeting|
|(Your Name)... thanks for meeting me.|
Oh! Right to business - I like that! So, as I'm sure you know, it's down to either me or you for the part of 0707.
1. Well, there's a rumor going around that Mulgary secretly hates vegans, as well as anything to do with live theater, but it's all not true! She really IS a vegan and really DOES love theater.
how do you know?
2. You do? Like what?
|Airing Dirty Laundry|
What is it with you and sloppy seconds, (Your Name)? Yes, I know who you are.
1. Think you're better than me by not fighting? This isn't over, (Your Name). Not by a long shot.
2. You want some of this? I don't think you want some of this. You really don't want some of this.
a. Think you're better than me by not fighting? This isn't over, (Your Name). Not by a long shot.
|Crash the Party|
What are YOU doing here? How'd you get that drink - you're not on the guest list! I guess you're used to hearing that, eh?
1. Again with the "nice girl" routine? Fine! I'm calling my publicist! You'll be buried in bad press! And can security get her out of here?! "No"? Who said that?
the bouncer did
Who the heck are you? Scratch that - I don't care. (Friendly Actor/Actress) is with me, so you can stop your pathetic attempt at flirting and get lost.
|Meeting Rival at The Coast|
You again. First you take (Friendly Actor/Actress) from me, then you took all my roles! Now my agent Max from Bling Talent won't even return my calls. You win, (Your Name). I might as well go back to Canada.
1. That's what I'd expect from a jerk like you. You don't deserve those roles. You don't deserve anything. Just you wait, I'll be back on top in no time, and I'll be the one laughing at you.
What are you doing here? Come to drink away the memory of being in (title of recent project)? That was awful! Nowhere near the quality of my latest work, "Geelee 2." In fact, I'm so successful I'm buying drinks for everyone - except you. Bet you can't afford to do that!
1. Pfft... whatever, buddy! Come talk to me when you've bought more rounds than I have: 6 rounds!
a. Who are you kidding? You can't afford that; I'll even give you some of my sweet Geelee 2 money if you do! I'll be outside having a drag - that's right, I call it a drag! - waiting...
b. I'm not yours either, pal! And who are you kidding? You can't afford to out-spend me; I'll even give you some of my sweet Geelee 2 money if you do! I'll be outside having a drag - that's right, I call it a drag! - and waiting...
Outside The Leaky Cantina